Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Faking It?

Eyelashes are not the only thing I have been looking at faking - but also flowers. I decided to check out some silk/real touch ones and found a lovely, very accomidating lady on oztion who after explaining to her what I was after, which was inspired by a bouquet I saw on Martha Stewarts Wedding.....


She took about a week to source a few bits and pieces and today emailed me back with a few photo examples of what she has made before she sends it off. I wanted white/ivory roses and loved the pearly/blue ball things seen in the above and I must say, she did a fantastic job in putting it together for me. What do you think???


My only worry is the flowers will look 'to fake' so for now I have ordered just the one bouquet to check out in person before ordering more and if it is ok, the dummy one will be used as throw away and then 4 will be ordered for the BM's and also in talks with her now to organise my bouquet and corsages. But that will all be on hold till I recieve this one...... *crosses fingers*

I have been really struggling about whether to go for real flowers or these ones. On the plus these will last and last and last... where real flowers may not even see out the day! And when some quotes I have got from around the place range from $600-$1100 which I think is another insane wedding cost, if I can get all the flowery things I need for $150 ... why the hell not??




No comments:

Post a Comment