Monday, January 18, 2010

Valentines Day

In the 7 years of knowing each other, H2B and I have never had a "real" Valentines Day. My one law regarding the day is that if it falls on a workday, flowers MUST be delivered to work. And he has done a glorious job of this.


2004 - Our first Valentines Day I went over his place and we went on a picnic nearby that I had made up.


2005 - The year after was when we had broken up and my bf at the time got me a pony teddy with a red rose but I was working so we didn't do much more than that.


2006 - The next year we thought we would do v.day but I was full of the flu so he got me a cheeseburger and large fries and he got me my promise ring and I got him his.


2007 - We were both working. He had to work back and I was doing hospitality back then and so of course had a couple of shifts.


2008 - Mark was sick so we had cheese on toast and watched tv like we would any other night.


2009 - Friends had their engagement party. Closest thing to a 'valetiney weekend' we've had.. we got to spend the night in a hotel but he got v.drunk, the night ended about 330 and after a few mishaps in the streets of Bunbury, he was to drunk to do much and I certainly wasn't in the mood which until about midnight had been a lovely fun loved up night. As the saying goes, nothing good ever happens after 12.


And so leaves 2010. My theory is, it's our wedding year. We're meant to be doing loving gestures and all things soppy and romantic as once you're married isn't it all meant to stop?? I vote we do Valentines Day in full style. Dinner out, romantic night, flowers and champagne. It's our year of love and all things sickening so lets exploit it to the limits.


So googling for things around town I came across this delightful sounding dinner at only $59.90 ph and the menu is something we'd both enjoy, not something he would stare at going "Foie gras in duck jus and a ceviche means what now?" and me turning my nose up at raw food. I struggle with raw, especially with beef and I prefere foods and words I also know what they mean and don't need to google as I read the menu. We're not real fancy people haha.
And it's only $60. Just in budget and it's a 4 course meal with a glass each of sparkling wine and a rose for the lady on arrival. Perfect.


Now I just need to find a killer LBD and frock it up abit!

No comments:

Post a Comment