Thursday, October 8, 2009

But....

I love a good party.

I love theming and decorating and organising.

Weddings are proving to be extremely fun to organise. Except there is just to much I want to do and it has worked out to be enough for about 3 weddings. I am slowly getting the hang of sticking to one thing so it doesn’t all get to muddled into one big mess. And to distract myself slightly from the wedding and preventing myself from coming up with more things I want to try and incorporate I distract myself with things like “Puppy Showers” and “Twilight Night In” and also apparently the biggest no no in the history of weddings and all things bridal – I have been dabbling in some idea’s etc for my Hens.

I can’t help it.

And I know soon enough I am going to have relinquish some, well most of the control of this over to my bridesmaid’s. At the moment I am extremely pleased with 3 of my choices (still driving myself insane over number 4) and have no doubt they will do a fantastic job but after Melbourne Ladies experience and also from all that I have heard from fellow Brides to Be on wedding forums, there have been some shockers out there and that makes me want to hold onto that control that little bit more.

On a slightly different note, I was planning on having just four bridesmaids but thinking last night I decided I would in fact have a Maid Of Honour. I think she will do good in this position. I have been using my Mum as my sound board and throw all my idea’s and anxieties at her since I have been lacking the bridal party support so far, but no with the girls chosen I am also worried how she will take the step back I now need her to do. If I can give up some control of the Hens she can as well. That said she is the Mother of the Bride and I do have a very close relationship with her and would love for the girls to still include her and not completely exclude her.

Now the Bridal party politics start.

*nervous giggle*

No comments:

Post a Comment