Monday, January 18, 2010

Bridal Brain.

Ok so I am slowly going crazy being a perfectionist!! Why am I spending countless hours looking for the perfect votive holders or centrepiece models????? If anything is going to be blue, it has to be the perfect exact match shade of Tiffany Blue. I’m very detailed oriented and this is driving me nuts. I love the wedding planning I just wish I could find the perfect everything that won't leave me broke and owing a second mortgage and isn’t found in Australia and everyone knows what I am talking about and stops giving me alternatives!

I have been engaged a year and seven months. I was a cruisy, laid back bride with no complaints and let everyone tell me their opinions and idea’s and set up a savings plan. Our vendors (booked) have been simply the best and I love them all to pieces. Especially my photographers. I’ve said it before but even if we had gone with someone else, I would invite them to the wedding as guests. They are just that awesome.

It’s literally been since the clocked ticked to 12:01 and it became January 1st 2010 … leaving me with 10 months and 27 days till our wedding day that the usual stuff I once mocked other Brides to Be about all kicked in. I am worrying it’s not going to be done in time, that one the night before the wedding I am going to be rushing around the ballroom getting it all set up. I am worried it’s not going to come together and that 10 months isn’t enough time.

Logically looking at it my checklist is as follows:

Hair and Makeup Artist for 5
Bridesmaid dresses and shoes
Groomsmen suits and shoes
Grooms suit and shoes
Reception Décor
Invitations – making and sending
Seating Chart



I think that is literally everything I have left to do.

Bride brain is seeing it as:

OMG THE WEDDING IS IN 10 MONTHS ANDI HAVE NO ONE TO DO OUR HAIR AND MAKEUP AND THEY GIRLS DON’T EVEN HAVE DRESSES OR SHOES YET AND WHAT ABOUT THE BOYS?? H2B HASN’T EVEN ASKED HIS BOYS YET. AND OMG WE HAVE TO GET 50+ INVITATIONS MADE TO GET SENT OUT IN SEPTEMBER. IS THAT TO EARLY? TO LATE? WILL WE HAVE ENOUGH CARD? WILL THEY LOOK CRAP? AND WHAT THE HELL IS THE RECEPTION GOING TO BE LIKE? I NEED CHAIR COVERS, AND FLOWERS BUT WHAT ELSE………

And yeah. It kind goes on like that. I didn’t want this. I didn’t plan for this. I had Ceremony/Reception Venue, Photographers, DJ, Cake, Celebrant all booked by end of 2008 (engaged may ’08) oh no celebrant was in April 2009. But still. I am organised. I have nothing to worry about.


BUT WHY ISN’T THE BRIDAL BRAIN PART OF MY BRAIN GETTING THIS?!

No comments:

Post a Comment