Monday, August 16, 2010

And the Bride wore.... a perfectly wonderful gown!!

So on Saturday I headed to my Mums to try on my actual wedding dress. It arrived with the girls dresses and also her MOB dress Monday afternoon, so that was why I couldn’t track it when I tried earlier that day as it had been marked as completed. Makes sense now. I can’t believe how quick they arrived. Saturday afternoon we were told they were sent and then Monday arvo – there they were! Same thing with H2B’s wedding band. That came Tuesday morning also sent Saturday afternoon!! And yet something coming from across our country takes 2 weeks ++. It’s terrible really. But anyways…..


I had been nervously waiting to try my dress on, now that horrible waiting part was over and done with for it to actually arrive. It looked amazing. I sent the pics of my $3000 dress and got it for under $500 and it was perfect. Well looked perfect, now the hard part of actually trying it on! I was so nervous and had butterflies in my tummy like you wouldn’t believe! I nervously slide under the gown arms up hoping it would just drop nicely over me. It did. Tick one. Looking at the dress on it was lovely, they used a different type of lace but that’s fine, the beading is slightly more OTT but its so sparkly and pretty. Tick Two! And yeah. Its perfect with just one minor problem…..


It’s actually to big! With it fully tied up it dropped down to just around my bust and I had to hold it up in position under my arms. Around the waist and tummy it was about an arms thick to wide but the length was perfect, as my lovely blue shoes made an appearance (as did my jewellery and it all worked so well together!)


But that’s fine, I know a lovely dressmaker (took in my bm dress for Melbourne Lady’s wedding) and so soon I will be making an appointment with her to get it fixed up.


And that’s one less thing to stress and worry about as dress wise, its all perfect! And the guys suits will just need to be collected before the wedding and they’ll all be perfect too as the store is taking care of all that!


And so in the world of bridal party attire, all is right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment