Monday, August 9, 2010

Invincible!

31.7.10 was the night of my Mummys 50th Birthday Party. It was an amazing night and so much fun! I planned a 1920s Murder Mystery Surprise Party, it was great because all her guests got really into their characters and dressed up. Best Actor Award was really tough to hand out!! And the best part was, it truely was a surprise for her and she loved it.


I highly recomend a murder mystery - I got ours from night of mystery.com, Murder at The Juice Joint and like I said, was awesome!!


Saturday morning I was setting up and decorating and preparing the foods and all that while H2B was at work. Moving the furniture around I managed to drop the mini-bar we have on my foot. It didn't stop hurting all day and night and when I finally crawled into bed about 2am, I was in near tears as it hurt so much. But as a woman, I managed to soldier on for the whole party and vacuum Sunday morning (feather boas should not be worn inside!) as h2B was at work again. After my parents offered to take me to brunch and as I stopped doing everything and was able to sit and breath and relax, i noticed how purple and swollen my foot actually was. Mum kept saying it could be broken (although I am invincible and never broken anything before) I gave in and let her take me to the ER for a four hour wait, some good pain killers and xrays. I remain invincible as it's not broken, just, and for the last week been hobbling around on crutches waiting for the swelling to go down.
On the prospect of it being broken I asked the Doctor how long a broken foot would take to heal. He said 4-6 weeks and either way I was happy with it being broken or not as it would be all better in time for me to wear my cute wedding shoes. Mum did point out I also had flats but heels are just so much better. Don't you agree?

Saturday just gone, a full week later my toes lost their green/purple hue and my foot could again be placed in shoes.

Again, I had another of my "why me moments". I mean seriously, I am a good person. I donate to charity, I have even offered old people assistance crossing the road and helped a lady pick up her oranges when her bag split in the carpark. But that which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, though as I am still hobbling, I may not be stronger, but I am still alive.

_


On a more positive note, Little Miss E turns 1 on the 28.8.10 and so planning for her party or should I saw Pawty has begun now Mums birthday has gone!



Here is a pic of our beautiful pup. She had a photo shoot we won in June and this is one of her pics. She is so grown up now, just waiting for that coat to kick in and appear.

Happy First Birthday Missy Ella!


No comments:

Post a Comment